Community Bible Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written.
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct · 2 Timothy 3:16
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
JESUS CHRIST is the image of the invisible God, which is to say, He is Himself very God; He took upon Him our nature, being conceived by the Holy Ghost and born of the Virgin Mary; He died upon the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of the world; He arose from the dead in the body in which He was crucified; He ascended into heaven in that body glorified, where He is now, our interceding High Priest.
He will come again personally and visibly in the air to resurrect the dead saints and to remove living believers from the world. This is the rapture of the church. It is imminent, which means we believe that it could occur at any moment. Following the rapture of the church there will be a period of seven years which the Bible calls "the great tribulation," following which Christ will return to the earth, with His Church, to establish His kingdom.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit.
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment.
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him.
Man & THe church
MAN was created in the image of God but fell into sin, and, in that sense is lost; this is true of all men, and except a man be born again he cannot see the kingdom of God; salvation is by grace through faith in Christ who His own self bore our sins in His own body on the cross; the retribution of the wicked and unbelieving and the reward of the righteous are everlasting, and as the reward is conscious, so is the retribution, which is to say that there is an eternal glorified state for believers in Heaven, as well as an eternal punishment in Hell of all who reject Christ.